thecutestblogontheblock.com

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Step-By-Step Wednesday - Green Team 14-23 - Word Bubbles

I don't know if you have been taken over by this trend of word bubble or not, but the Cuttin' and Stampin' Design Team sure has.  Every which way we turn there's more and more great products using the bubbles.  So we decided we needed to make a challenge out of it.  
This week we are using Basic Grey Capture paper collection and the Jillibean Soup Word Bubbles stamp set.  Both items are on sale in the Cuttin' and Stampin' Amazon store.



I absolutely loved working with both of these items!!  I created a birthday card based on a 2013 sketch from MFTStamps.  The sketch is below.  I love working with sketches, it gives me a jumping off point!


Here is my finished product!  It's one of my new favorites!  I see many more versions of this in my future! 


It all started with the word bubble stamps, hello and smile.  I used some scrap kraft paper and my memento ink pad.


I then loaded it up with Glossy Accents!  Love this stuff!  Made my own epoxy stickers!


The only problem I have with this is my lack of patience!  I ended up touching them too soon and had to shake out some finger prints! These take a bit of time to dry! During my down time, I stamped a background pattern on a plain piece of cardstock.  


My lines aren't that straight, but no one will ever guess it!

After my word bubbles were dry, I fussy cut them out and used some pop dots to place the on the card.


Again my only word of advice with Glossy Accents is be patient!  LET IT DRY!  I have a very bad habit of "checking" it to see if it's dry, then end up with a finger print!!  I usually have to walk away and forget about it for a while!  That's my only hope!

Here is the sketch I promised earlier!

You can enter your own great Word Bubble projects Here.

Until next time.........Jenni =D


2 comments:

  1. Super cute card Jenni! Love the DIY epoxy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun and cute! I love the MFT sketches!

    ReplyDelete